Leveraging the power of online tools to meet your needs
Ryngly has brought the conference call to the 21st century. It does the work for you by outbounding calls to all your participants at the time of the call. No more PINs, no more passcodes, and no more late joiners. Just answer the phone and join. (You can read even more about Ryngly and what it can do here) If the need arises, coupling Ryngly with a free screensharing tool can get the job done, all while saving you costs at the end of the day. Here are a few tools we like to use:
Google Hangouts is free to any person with a Google account, which is also free. Starting a video chat lets you share your screen and invite others by e-mail or join link. To use Google Hangouts:
- Direct your browser to https://hangouts.google.com/
- If you are not already logged in, log in with your Google account.
- Click on the video call icon located in the center of the screen.
- Type in e-mail addresses of attendees or copy the join link and share.
- At the top right, click on the three vertical dots and select “Share Screen” to do so.
Chrome Remote Desktop
Chrome remote desktop allows for anyone with the Chrome browser installed to share screens with remote control. To use Chrome Remote Desktop:
- Direct your browser to https://remotedesktop.google.com/support
- To share your screen, click on “Get Support” and install the extension (First time only)
- Click “Generate Access Code” and share this with the person(s) you wish to grant access.
- If you would like to connect to someone else, please request their access code and enter it under “Give Support”.
Microsoft Teams is an application that allows messaging and video chats within the client. This application can be accessed by people with an existing Office 365 license, or for free using a free Microsoft account. To use Microsoft Teams:
- Download the application from https://teams.microsoft.com/downloads
- Log in using your O365 or Microsoft Online account
- Start a meeting from the Chat tab (individual or group) by selecting “Start sharing our screen” in the top right.
- Start a meeting under the Calendar tab and select to start sharing your screen